Saturday, October 6, 2007

Gile Mountain

Hi Everyone,
It's been a busy couple of weeks of both work and photography. I have for you today a set of photos from a hike I did up Gile Mountain two weeks ago. I spent the afternoon strolling up the mountain looking for hidden gems where the light fell. I got to the top and climbed the old fire tower and spent the three hours till sunset eating my picnic dinner and playing with light. The sunset was at 7:57 with a series of bursts of color, some of which you see below. My god-father Brown, his wife Cyn and my brother Del joined me in the tower just after sunset and we hung out talking till it was dark. We then made our way down the mountain by flashlight and the sounds of night things.

That's all for now, enjoy!
~will

The trail on the way up Gile Mountain.

One of the jems in the afternoon light.

Birches on the trail.

Ferns lining the trail.

Fungus on a tree.

Maple leaves turning red.

As the sun was setting.

Just after the sun set.

About fifteen minutes after sunset.

1 comment:

Katura said...

I wish I was there!
Great Photos. I especially like how you got the light on the fern and your fungus and maple leaves shots. What was the picnic menu? Wine, cheese and fresh apples?? yumm..