Tuesday, September 18, 2007

My First Post.

Two Saturdays ago I woke up at 5am and headed out to hike Mt Cardigan. I was at the trail head by 7am and to the top by 8:30am. On the top it was cool, gray and blowing fog.



I had planed on taking some photos of the nearly 360 degree view from the top to make a panorama, but that idea looked like that wasn't going to happen. The wind on the top was amazing, it was just me the mountain and nature. I spent an hour or so on the top enjoying nature and taking photographs of the beauty that one can find even on a cool breezy morning at 3000 feet.


I waited on the top in hopes that the cloud cover would break and I could get in some shots of the view, but alas the weather was not in my favor so I headed down the mountain.
I got back to my car, did some stretches and then headed off to the Norwich Farmers Market. Down off in the valley it was a foggy early September morning and the farmers market was buzzing with the regulars. As I walked around the market I found this little display.


That's all for now. I'll be back soon,
~will

1 comment:

Katura said...

Sedges have edges, reeds are round, lichen comes first to cover the ground! Great pics, Twin!